An Act of Parliament in 1956 established the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) as an autonomous institution of national importance and defined its objectives and functions. By virtue of this Act, the Institute awards its own medical degrees and other academic distinctions. The degrees awarded by the Institute under the All India Institute of Medical Sciences Act are recognized medical qualifications for the purpose of the Indian Medical Council Act and notwithstanding anything contained therein, are deemed to be included in the first schedule of that Act, entitling the holders to the same privileges as those attached to the equivalent awards from the recognized Universities of India.
AIIMS ENTRANCE TEST (UG)
It is the entry test for the flourishing career in medical science & this undergraduate exam held each year on a national level. AIIMS EXAM conducting authority is All India Institute of Medical Science. This year AIIMS/MBBS will be conducted on Mid of May, 2018. AIIMS Delhi was ranked first among medical colleges in India in 2017.
APPLICATION FEES :
EXAM DATES :
EXAM PATTERN :
AIIMS Marking Scheme/Pattern
- Each right answer will fetch you 1 mark
- Each incorrect marks would lead to a negative 1/3 marks
- No marks for questions left unanswered
3.5 hours would be given to the students to attempt the paper.
Some important highlights related to AIIMS MBBS 2018 exam pattern:
Mode: The AIIMS/MBBS 2018 exam will be held online only.
Type of Question: Questions will be Objective Type (Multiple Choice and Reason-Assertion type).
Language: The question paper language will be English & Hindi.
STUDY MATERIAL :
THE BEST BOOKS FOR AIIMS 2018 :
First and foremost, NCERT Physics, Chemistry and Biology books for 11th and 12th standard are a must for AIIMS exam preparation. Apart from that, there are additional books that you must seriously consider while preparing for AIIMS Entrance Exam.
Best books for AIIMS Physics : (Click on respective links to view why you should study this book)
- NCERT – Physics – Part 1 and Part 2
- Concepts of Physics, Volume I and II, by H.C. Verma, Volume 1 : Volume 2 :
- Fundamentals of Physics, by Halliday, Resnick and Walker – For CBSE and Entrance Examination (Publisher: Wiley India Pvt. Ltd.)
- Objective Physics for NEET Vol. 1 by D.C. Pandey
- Objective Physics for NEET Vol. 2 by D.C. Pandey
- Objective Physics by Prof. Satya Prakash Arya – MTG Publishers
- Objective NCERT at your Fingertips – Scoring in NEET Made Easy – Physics
Best books for AIIMS Chemistry : (Click on respective links to view why you should study this book)
- NCERT Textbooks for Chemistry Class 11 & 12 (Set of 4 Books), Part 1 for Class 11 : Part 2 for Class 11 : Part 1 for Class 12 : Part 2 for Class 12 :
- Objective NCERT at your Fingertips – Scoring in NEET/JEE Made Easy – Chemistry
- Modern’s ABC of Chemistry for Class 11th and 12th (Volume I and II)
- Organic, Inorganic and Physical Chemistry for NEET by O.P Tandon, Physical Chemistry : Organic Chemistry : Inorganic Chemistry :
- Objective Chemistry (Set of 4 Vols) (S. Dinesh & Co.)
- Objective Chemistry for NEET Vol. 1 by R.K. Gupta
- Objective Chemistry for NEET Vol. 2 by R.K. Gupta
Best books for AIIMS Biology : (Click on respective links to view why you should study this book)
- NCERT Textbooks for Biology Class 11 & 12, Class 11 : Class 12 :
- Exploring Biology for NEET (Vol 1 & 2) – Sanjay Sharma & Sudhakar Banerjee – Arihant Publications, Volume 1 : Volume 2 :
- Trueman’s Objective Biology for NEET – Vol. I & II – 2017 by M.P. Tyagi and J.P. Goyal
- Trueman’s Elementary Biology, Vol I & Vol II by K.N. Bhatia, M.P. Tyagi, Volume 1 : Volume 2 :
- Objective Biology (Vol 1, 2 & 3) – K. N. Bhatia / K. Bhatia – Dinesh Publications
- Moderns ABC of Biology for XI & XII – B. B. Arora, A. K. Sabharwal- Modern Publishers, Class 11 : Class 12 :
- Companion Biology by K. Bhatti (Dinesh Publication), Class 11 : Class 12 :
- Objective NCERT at your Fingertips – Scoring in NEET Made Easy – Biology
Best books for Solved Papers of previous years : (Click on respective links to view why you should study this book)
- AIIMS – Chapterwise Solution – 22 yrs – 2015 by MTG Editorial Board
- AIIMS Explorer for 1994-2016 – Aug 2016 by MTG Editorial Board
- AIIMS MBBS Entrance – Dr. Ajay Mohan (Second Edition 2016)
- AIIMS General Knowledge with Logical Thinking, Disha Experts
- AIIMS Assertion & Reason (first edition 2016) by Kunal Karn
General Knowledge :
You also need to stay abreast of the latest happenings for the GK section of the exam. To achieve this, you must diligently read newspapers, subscribe to a weekly or monthly current affairs magazine and pay attention to the science sections.
A good book can help you out immensely in terms of motivation, preparation and concentration. Follow the 4 Rs – Read, Remember, Recall and Revise.
- AIIMS – Major Online Test Series- 2017 by Career Point Kota
- Big Score Academy – Complete AIIMS Preparation Guide and Test Series (CD ROM)
- Practice Guru AIIMS Target Test Series (CD)