Birla Institute of Technology & Science (BITS), Pilani a leading Institute of Higher Education and a deemed University under section 3 of the UGC act offering degree programmes in Engineering, Sciences, Technology, Pharmacy, Management and Humanities. This web site describes the admission modalities for the on-campus degree programmes offered at Pilani campus, Goa Campus and Hyderabad Campus of BITS, Pilani.
BITSAT Online Test – 2018
Birla Institute of Technology and Science Aptitude Test (BITSAT) is conducted by Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS) to offer admissions to interested candidates in its BE, Pharma and MSc programmes. BITSAT exam is a computer based test (CBT) which aspirants need to clear in order to secure admission at BITS campuses located at Pilani, Goa and Hyderabad.
The exam is a stepping stone through which candidates can secure admission in BE honours integrated first degree programmes offered at BITS campuses in disciplines like civil, computer science, electrical and economics, mechanical and chemical. Apart from this, candidates also give this exam for admission into BPharma honours, MSc honours as well as MSc Tech degree programmes at the institute.
BITSAT is a three hour long exam where the question paper is divided into four sections containing multiple choice questions from subjects like Physics, Chemistry, English Proficiency, Logical Reasoning as well as Mathematics/Biology(For B.Pharma Candidates).
BITSAT 2018 eligibility
For admission to any of the First Degree programmes of BITS except B.Pharm.(Hons.):
Aspirants should have passed the 12th examination of 10+2 system from a recognized Central or State board or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics and adequate proficiency in English.
For admission to B.Pharm.(Hons.):
Aspirants should have passed the 12th examination of 10+2 system from a recognized Central or State board or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology and adequate proficiency in English. However candidates with PCM may also apply for Pharmacy program.
Admission to all the programmes is subject to the conditions given below:
Aspirants should have obtained a minimum of aggregate 75% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects (if he/she has taken Mathematics in BITSAT) or a minimum of aggregate 75% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects (if he/she has taken Biology in BITSAT) subjects in 12th examination, with at least 60% marks in each of the
Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics / Biology subjects.
Only Students who have appeared for 12th class examination in 2018 or who have passed 12th class Examination in 2017 are eligible to appear in the BITSAT-2018 test. If a candidate has taken more than one attempt in 12th class or its equivalent, only his/her latest performance was considered, provided this attempt had been for the full component of subjects/courses prescribed. Students who have passed 12th examination in 2015 or earlier are NOT eligible to appear in BITSAT-2018. Students who are presently studying in BITS at any of its campuses too are not eligible to appear in BITSAT-2018. Admissions will be made purely on merit. The merit position of the candidate for admission is based on the score obtained by the candidate in the BITSAT-2018. However, their eligibility for admission is subject to fulfilling the requirement of minimum marks in 12th examination, as mentioned above.
Direct admissions to Board toppers:
First rank students of all the central and state boards in India for the year 2018 will be given direct admission to the program of their choice, irrespective of their BITSAT-2017 score as per the eligibility criteria mentioned above. Further details about this scheme will be available at BITS admission website by May 20, 2018.
Important Dates (Tentative) :
Registration opens – January 2018
Registration closes – March 2018
How to Complete?
• In order to fill the application form, the students need to go through the official instructions first and then fill the form as accordingly.
• The official authority will release the BITSAT Application Form 2018 in the online mode and, therefore, the complete procedure to complete the form is mentioned here.
• The direct link to fill the application form will be available here soon. This link takes the applicants to the official page where the application form will be available.
• First of all, the students need to click on “Allow me to apply online” button which shall be provided on the bottom of the page.
• On clicking that button, the students will be directed to the registration page where they have to enter the essential details.
• After furnishing these details, the students will have to move towards the next page of the application form.
• On the second page, the candidates will have to fill the required details.
• After adding these details in the application form, the students can click to submit the same.
• On submitting these details in the BITSAT Application Form 2018, the student finds two buttons i.e. Edit the above details and Confirm the submit details. If the students want to modify the details entered in the application form then he can click the first option otherwise, click to confirm the submit details.
• Soon after the final submission, the application number will be displayed on the screen. The students are required to note down the unique application number and retained it safely.
• The students will be then directed towards the payment page where he will have to remit the application fee by selecting payment mode such as net banking/ credit card/ debit card or pay through cash in any of ICICI branches.
• On the successful transaction, the applicant should print the application form and keep this copy safe for the future reference.
• If after the final submission, the students found any discrepancy in the entered details then he can edit the same in the specific limit of time i.e. at the time of correction window,
• This facility will be available only for the short duration of time. After this time duration, the students will be unable to modify the entered details.
BITSAT APPLICATION FEE :
For Indian candidates:
For Male candidates – Rs 2200
For female candidates – Rs 1700
For Foreign candidates:
For Both male and female candidates – Rs 3000 (US $ 50)
EXAM DATES :
The exam dates for BITSAT 2017 were announced by BITS (Birla Institute of Technology and Science), Pilani and held from May 16 to 30, 2017 according to the official website. Online test BITSAT 2018 is expected to be held in the same period.
EXAM PATTERN :
BITSAT 2018 Exam Pattern/Paper Pattern
|Sections||Subjects||Number of questions|
|Part III||(a) English Proficiency
(b) Logical Reasoning
• Time duration for BITSAT 2018 is 3 hours (without break)
• All questions in BITSAT 2018 will be objective in nature. Each question will have 4 answer options, out of which the candidates have to choose only 1 correct answer option.
• The entrance exam has a total of 150 questions from all the sections
• Question Paper for BITSAT 2018 will have 4 sections – Part I, Part II, Part III and Part IV
• There is no time limit for any of the 4 sections of BITSAT 2018, thus candidates can attempt or go back to any of the question from any section and correct or make changes in the answer option.
• Each correct answer will be awarded with 3 marks, while 1 mark (-1) will be deducted for each incorrect answer. For unattempted questions, the examinees will be given no marks or zero marks.
• In case the candidates answer all 150 questions within the given time of 3 hours (without skipping any question) can attempt an additional 12 questions (four each from Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry only). But in this case, he/she will not be able to make changes or corrections in any of the earlier 150 questions.
• The questions in BITSAT 2018 are selected randomly from a large question bank. Therefore, different candidates will get different question sets. An expert committee will ensure that the question sets are of comparable difficulty level, content, question type etc.
• BITSAT 2018 question paper is designed in a way that a good examinee will be able to complete it within 3 hours, while a brilliant candidate will have the opportunity to attempt extra 12 questions, thus giving them the opportunity for scoring high. On the contrary, for incorrect answers, negative marking is there. Thus, the candidates should very carefully choose the correct answer option and it should not only a guess work, which will be highly likely to be disadvantageous.
BITSAT SYLLABUS 2018 :
The syllabus for Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics & Biology will be based on the NCERT books for 11th and 12th class. The questions will be asked from different topics such as Physics, Chemistry, English Proficiency, Logical Reasoning, Mathematics and Biology.
BITSAT 2018 syllabus for English Proficiency
This test is designed to assess the test takers’ general proficiency in the use of English language as a means of self-expression in real life situations and specifically to test the test takers’ knowledge of basic grammar, their vocabulary, their ability to read fast and comprehend, and also their ability to apply the elements of effective writing.
• Reading Comprehension
BITSAT 2018 syllabus for Logical Reasoning
• The test is given to the candidates to judge their power of reasoning spread in verbal and nonverbal areas. The candidates should be able to think logically so that they perceive the data accurately, understand the relationships correctly, figure out the missing numbers or words, and to apply rules to new and different contexts.
• These indicators are measured through performance on such tasks as detecting missing links, following directions, classifying words, establishing sequences, and completing analogies.
1. Verbal Reasoning
2. Nonverbal Reasoning
STUDY MATERIAL :
PHYSICS (Click on respective links to view why you should study this book)
- Physics NCERT Textbooks for Classes 11th and 12th Part – 1 for Class – 11 : Part – 2 for Class – 11 : Part – 1 for Class – 12 : Part – 2 for Class – 12 :
- Concepts of Physics Volume 1 & Volume 2 by H.C. Verma Volume 1 : Volume 2 :
- Understanding Physics Series (Set of 5 Books) Paperback – 1 Jan 2013 by D.C. Pandey – Arihant Series ( Books (Five) on: Mechanics – Part 1, Mechanics – Part 2, Waves and Thermodynamics, Electricity and Magnetism, Optics and Modern Physics)
- Fundamentals of Physics, by Halliday, Resnick and Walker – For CBSE and Entrance Examination (Publisher: Wiley India Pvt. Ltd.)
- Problems in General Physics by I.E. Irodov
CHEMISTRY (Click on respective links to view why you should study this book)
- NCERT Textbooks for Chemistry Class 11 & 12 (Set of 4 Books) Part – 1 for Class – 11 : Part – 2 for Class – 11: Part – 1 for Class – 12: Part – 2 for Class – 12:
- GRB Numerical Chemistry by Dr. P .Bahadur – 2017
- Modern Approach to Chemical Calculations by R.C. Mukherjee
- Organic Chemistry by O.P. Tandon
- Organic Chemistry by Morrison & Boyd
- Advanced Problems In Organic Chemistry For JEE by MS Chauhan
- Inorganic Chemistry by O.P. Tandon
- Physical Chemistry by O.P. Tandon
- Concise Inorganic Chemistry by J.D. Lee
- Essential Physical Chemistry for JEE Main & Advanced by Ranjeet Shahi, Arihant Prakashan, Meerut
MATHEMATICS (Click on respective links to view why you should study this book)
- NCERT Textbooks for Mathematics Class 11 & 12 (Set of 4 Books)
- Mathematics for Class 11 & Class 12 by RD Sharma For Class XI : For Class XII, Volume 1 & 2 :
- Comprehensive Mathematics: JEE Advanced 2016 Paperback – May 2015 by McGraw Hill Education
- JEE MAIN 2013 MATHEMATICS CRASH COURSE Paperback – 25 Dec 2012 by Tmh
Algebra Books for JEE Main & Advanced (Click on respective links to view why you should study this book)
- Arihant Algebra Book for JEE Main Advanced 2017 by Dr. SK Goyal
- Hall & Knight – Higher Algebra
Trigonometry Books for JEE Main (Click on respective links to view why you should study this book)
- Plane Trigonometry by SL Loney (Part 1 & 2) Part 1 : Part 2 :
3D, Vector & Co-Ordinate Geometry for JEE Main & Advanced (Click on respective links to view why you should study this book)
- The Elements Of Coordinate Geometry 2011 by S. L. Loney
- Skills in Mathematics – Vectors & 3D Geometry for JEE Main & Advanced 2016 by Amit M Agarwal
Calculus Books for JEE Prep (Click on respective links to view why you should study this book)
- Differential Calculus for JEE Main & Advanced Paperback – 2017 by Amit M Agarwal
- Integral Calculus for JEE Main & Advanced Paperback – 2017 by Amit M Agarwal
ENGLISH (Click on respective links to view why you should study this book)
- BITSAT English Proficiency and Logical Reasoning – Disha Publications
ADDITIONAL BOOKS (Click on respective links to view why you should study this book)
- The Pearson Complete Guide to BITSAT – One Learn Education
- Self Study Guide for Online BITSAT 2017 Paperback – 2016 by Arihant
- Comprehensive Guide to BITSAT Online Test 2017 with Past 2005-2016 Solved Papers & 5 Mock Online Tests Paperback – Aug 2016– Disha Publications
- BITSAT 2017 (with CD) Paperback – 1 Aug 2016 by B. M. Sharma, G. Tewani, K.S. Saini, S. Verma
- BITSAT 15 Practice Papers 2018 Paperback – 21 Jun 2017 by GKP
- BIT-SAT – 2017 Online Major Test Series (Full Syllabus) by Career Point Kota