The Joint Entrance Examination – Advanced, formerly the Indian Institutes of Technology Joint Entrance Examination is an annual engineering college entrance examination in India.
WHAT IS JEE ADVANCED?
Joint Entrance Examination Advanced (JEE Advanced) is a national level engineering entrance exam conducted by seven zonal Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) under the guidance of Joint Admission Board (JAB) every year, for admissions to 23 Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs), including ISM Dhanbad. JEE Advanced is the second stage of JEE.
JEE Advanced :
JEE Advanced or Joint Entrance Examination Advanced is the 2nd level of JEE exam. The top 220,000 students who have clear JEE Main are eligible to take JEE Advanced. JEE Advanced is conducted by seven zonal IIT or Indian Institute of Technology, whereas CBSE, Delhi conducts JEE Main. Based on the cut-off decided by the conducting IIT, the candidates get admissions into 22 IIT across the nation or Indian school of Mines, Dhanbad commonly known as ISM. Initially, JEE Advanced was known as IITJEE, from the year 2013, CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education) and the several IIT changed the name and pattern complying to the Joint Admission Board. The present JEE exam pattern includes a qualifying exam also known as JEE Main, and the next level is known as JEE Advanced. Candidates who qualify in JEE Main, are eligible to appear for IITJEE Advance.
Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Advanced is conducted by the seven zonal IITs with guidance from the Joint Admission Board (JAB). Only the top 2.2 lakh rank holders in JEE Main are eligible to appear for JEE Advanced.
Candidates seeking admissions in bachelor’s programmes, integrated master’s programmes as well as dual degree programmes at the 19 IITs and Indian School of Mines (ISM) need to clear JEE Advanced.
JEE Advanced 2017 was organized and conducted by IIT Madras. JEE Advanced 2016 was conducted by IIT Guwahati.
The exam was held on May 21, 2017.
JEE Advanced is the popular examination conducted by the seven zonal Indian Institute of Technology (IITs) under the guidance of Joint Admission Board (JAB). For the year 2017, JEE Advanced was organized by IIT Madras. It is a national level examination through which admission to B.Tech, Integrated M.Tech or B.Tech-M.Tech Dual Degree in Engineering, Architecture, Science & Pharmacy is provided in IITs and ISM. This examination is open for Indian national as well as for foreign national candidates. JEE Advanced is the second stage of Joint Entrance Examination (JEE). The candidates can attempt this examination two consecutive times. After declaring JEE Main 2017 result on 27th April, it is clear that top 2,20000 candidates are eligible for Advanced exam. Candidates may get the details about JEE Advanced 2017 including counselling, admission, etc.
IIT JEE ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA :
All the aspirants are advised to ensure their eligibility before applying for JEE Advanced 2017. The eligibility conditions that should be satisfied by the candidates are as follows:
Performance in Class XII: Candidate appearing for JEE Advanced 2018 has to score minimum 75% marks (for Gen/OBC) & 65% marks (SC/ST/PwD) in 12th or equivalent class. OR Must be within the category-wise top 20 percentile of successful candidates in their respective Class XII (or equivalent) board examination.
If a candidate passes Class XII (or equivalent) in 2017, but writes one of the required subjects (mentioned above) in 2018 for improvement or any other reason, then the aggregate percentage will be calculated by considering the maximum marks obtained in the required subjects.
Performance in JEE (Main) 2018:
Candidates should be among the top 2,20,000 (including all categories) by scoring positive marks in Paper-1 of JEE (Main) 2018.
Candidates must possess the age on or after October 1, 1993. Five years
age relaxation will be provided to the SC/ST candidates. These candidates should
have been born on or after October 1, 1988.
No of Attempts:
The candidates can appear the examination maximum two times in a consecutive years. Those appeared the examination in 2017 are also eligible to apply this year.
However, candidates whose Class XII (or equivalent) examination results for the academic year 2015-16 were declared after June 2016 are eligible to appear in JEE (Advanced) 2018.
Must have appeared the 12th class first time with all the subjects either in the year 2017 or 2018. If candidate seeking for the improvement in the year 2018 then he/she has to appear the improvement exam in all the subjects.
Earlier admission at IITs:
A candidate should NOT have been admitted in an IIT irrespective of whether or not he/she continued in the program) OR accepted the IIT seat by reporting at a reporting centre in the past. The candidates whose admission at IITs was cancelled are also NOT eligible to appear in JEE (Advanced) 2018.
Candidates who have been admitted to a preparatory course in any of the IITs for the first time in 2017 can appear in JEE (Advanced) 2018. The candidates who have paid seat acceptance fee but not accepted the seat (by not reporting at any reporting centre during joint seat allocation in 2017) are eligible to appear in JEE (Advanced) 2018.
JEE Main Cut Off 2017:
The CBSE Board has been released JEE Main cut-off through online mode. The marks to
appear in the JEE Advanced exam are clear now. Cut-off marks are different as category-wise.
Candidate scored more than given cut off marks will be eligible for JEE Advanced 2017.
In the year 2017, total top 2,20000 scorers were eligible to appear in JEE Advanced.
Here we have mentioned the actual JEE Main Cut-off 2017:
|Category||Cut-off Marks (Declared)|
The IIT JEE Advanced Notification is announced by the organising IIT. After announcement of JEE Main 2018 exam result, the online registration for JEE Advanced 2018 will be started. Aspirants can check the important dates in the table listed below.
JEE Advanced 2018 Registration
• The candidates can register themselves through the online portal of JEE Advanced.
• The JEE Advanced 2018 registration will begin from last week of April 2018.
• Registration will be live till first week of May 2018.
• Before applying, the candidates have to create his/her account and register themselves and then fill the application form.
• The candidates will get the login details (ID and Password).
• Secure the login details till the admission done.
APPLICATION FEES :
|JEE (Advanced) 2018 Application Form Fee|
|Female Candidates||INR 1200|
|SC, ST and PwD Candidates||INR 1200|
|All Other Candidates||INR 2400|
|Late Fee||INR 500|
The JEE Advance application fee for male candidates of General Category and Non-Creamy Layer of Other Backward Classes (OBC (NCL)) is Rs 2,400. Male students of SC, ST and PWD categories as well as female candidates have to pay Rs 1,200. All female contenders are not exempted from paying the fees of JEE Advanced 2018 application form unlike before.
EXAM DATES :
EXAM PATTERN :
JEE Advanced Exam Pattern:
JEE Advanced has a different paper pattern. In JEE Main, there are only multiple choice questions, whereas in JEE advanced there are 3 different types of questions asked:
A. Numerical Answer Type
B. Multiple Choice Questions
C. Match the following.
JEE Advanced 2017 – Paper Analysis:
There were two papers in JEE Advanced 2017 (Paper-1 & Paper-2). Both papers were conducted on the same day. Paper-1 was held in the morning session, from 9 AM to 12 PM and Paper-2 was held in the afternoon session, from 2 PM to 5 PM. The time duration of both papers was 3 hours and had 3 categories:
The questions asked in JEE Advance 2017 is designed to test the comprehension, analytical and reasoning abilities. The question paper is a mixture of both objective type and multiple choice questions.
Important Guidelines :
• Candidates appearing for the Pen & Paper mode must use only blue or black ball point pens only.
• There is only one correct response for a question. More than one response(s) to any question is considered incorrect and marks are deducted accordingly.
• Electronic gadgets are not allowed in the exam hall.
JEE Advanced SYLLABUS 2018 :
STUDY MATERIAL :
PHYSICS (Click on respective links to view why you should study this book)
- Physics NCERT Textbooks for Classes 11th and 12th, Part – 1 for Class – 11 : Part – 2 for Class – 11 : Part – 1 for Class – 12 : Part – 2 for Class – 12 :
- Concepts of Physics Volume 1 & Volume 2 by H.C. Verma,
Volume 1 : Volume 2 :
- Understanding Physics Series (Set of 5 Books) Paperback – 1 Jan 2013 by D.C. Pandey – Arihant Series ( Books (Five) on: Mechanics – Part 1, Mechanics – Part 2, Waves and Thermodynamics, Electricity and Magnetism, Optics and Modern Physics)
- 14 Years’ Objective Solved Papers (2003-2016) IIT JEE (JEE MAIN & ADVANCED) 2016 by D.C. Pandey and R.P. Singh
- Fundamentals of Physics, by Halliday, Resnick and Walker – For CBSE and Entrance Examination (Publisher: Wiley India Pvt. Ltd.)
- Problems in General Physics by I.E. Irodov
CHEMISTRY (Click on respective links to view why you should study this book)
- NCERT Textbooks for Chemistry Class 11 & 12 (Set of 4 Books) Part – 1 for Class – 11 : Part – 2 for Class – 11 : Part – 1 for Class – 12 : Part – 2 for Class – 12 :
- GRB Numerical Chemistry by Dr. P .Bahadur – 2017
- Modern Approach to Chemical Calculations by R.C. Mukherjee
- Organic Chemistry by O.P. Tandon
- Organic Chemistry by Morrison & Boyd
- Advanced Problems In Organic Chemistry For JEE by MS Chauhan
- Inorganic Chemistry by O.P. Tandon
- Physical Chemistry by O.P. Tandon
- Concise Inorganic Chemistry by J.D. Lee
- Essential Physical Chemistry for JEE Main & Advanced by Ranjeet Shahi, Arihant Prakashan, Meerut
MATHEMATICS (Click on respective links to view why you should study this book)
- NCERT Textbooks for Mathematics Class 11 & 12 (Set of 4 Books)
- Mathematics for Class 11 & Class 12 by RD Sharma For Class XI : For Class XII, Volume 1 & 2 :
- Comprehensive Mathematics: JEE Advanced 2016 Paperback – May 2015 by McGraw Hill Education
- JEE MAIN 2013 MATHEMATICS CRASH COURSE Paperback – 25 Dec 2012 by Tmh
Algebra Books for JEE Main & Advanced (Click on respective links to view why you should study this book)
- Arihant Algebra Book for JEE Main Advanced 2017 by Dr. SK Goyal
- Hall & Knight – Higher Algebra
Trigonometry Books for JEE Main (Click on respective links to view why you should study this book)
- Plane Trigonometry by SL Loney (Part 1 & 2) Part 1 : Part 2 :
3D, Vector & Co-Ordinate Geometry for JEE Main & Advanced (Click on respective links to view why you should study this book)
- The Elements Of Coordinate Geometry 2011 by S. L. Loney
- Skills in Mathematics – Vectors & 3D Geometry for JEE Main & Advanced 2016 by Amit M Agarwal
Calculus Books for JEE Prep (Click on respective links to view why you should study this book)
- Differential Calculus for JEE Main & Advanced Paperback – 2017 by Amit M Agarwal
- Integral Calculus for JEE Main & Advanced Paperback – 2017 by Amit M Agarwal
SOLVED PAPERS (Click on respective links to view why you should study this book)
- 40 + 16 Years Chapterwise Solutions – Physics for JEE (Main & Advanced) Paperback – 12 Jul 2017 by MTG Editorial Board
- 40 + 16 Years Chapterwise Solutions – Chemistry for JEE (Main & Advanced) Paperback – 12 Jul 2017 by MTG Editorial Board
- 40 + 16 Years Chapterwise Solutions – Mathematics for JEE (Main & Advanced) Paperback – 12 Jul 2017 by MTG Editorial Board
- 40 Years IIT-JEE Advanced + 16 yrs JEE Main Topic-wise Solved Paper Physics with Free eBook Paperback – 2 Jun 2017 by Sunil Batra – Disha
- 40 Years IIT-JEE Advanced + 16 yrs JEE Main Topic-wise Solved Paper Chemistry with Free eBook Paperback – 3 Jun 2017 by Deepak Agarwal and O.P. Agarwal – Disha
- 40 Years IIT-JEE Advanced + 16 yrs JEE Main Topic-Wise Solved Paper Mathematics with Free eBook Paperback – 1 Jun 2017 by Mamta Batra – Disha
- 14 Years’ Solved Papers (2003-2016) IIT JEE (JEE MAIN & ADVANCED) Paperback – 2017 by D.C. Pandey, R.P. Singh, S.C. Agarwal – Arihant
- 145 Online Practice Test Papers for JEE Advance (Medium:English) by Practice Guru
- JEE Advanced – Online Major Test Series -2017 by Career Point, Kota
- JEE-Advanced Revision Online Test Series 2017 by Career Point, Kota