JIPMER ENTRANCE EXAM
Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research originated as École de Médicine de Pondichérry established by the French Government in the year 1823. This medical school was converted into Dhanvantari Medical College at the time of de facto transfer of Pondicherry to Government of India. This Medical College was later upgraded into Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER).
Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research (JIPMER), funded by Indian central government, is a premier medical college of India and it is the oldest institute to teach European Medicine in Asia. JIPMER offers various undergraduate and postgraduate medical courses. Located at Pondicherry, JIPMER is also a fully functional hospital that provides medical treatments to patients from all over the world. It has about 200 faculty members 3,000 staff and 360 resident physicians. JIPMER has always projected excellence in what it does and has been constantly ranked among the top colleges of the country by various prime websites. JIPMER started operating from one more newly opened campus at Karaikal from November 2015.
Number of MBBS Seats at Puducherry Campus : 150
Number of MBBS Seats at Karaikal Campus : 50
JIPMER ENTRANCE TEST (UG)
JIPMER MBBS 2018 is scheduled to be conducted in June 2018 in an online mode. There will be a total of 200 multiple choice questions from sections of Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Logic & Quantitative reasoning and English Comprehension. JIPMER will be conducting the entrance for a total of 200 seats, for both the campuses combined, in its MBBS program.
The Eligibility Criteria for JIPMER MBBS 2018 Exam is as Follows
- A candidate who is applying for JIPMER MBBS 2018 Exam must be a Citizen of India.
- Candidates must have Studied English.
- Candidates must be more than 17 Years of Age as on 31st December 2018
- Candidates must have passed 10+2 Exam with Biology, Physics, Chemistry Exams.
APPLICATION FEES :
JIPMER MBBS Registration Fees
The Following table shows category wise application fee for registration of JIPMER MBBS entrance exam.
|Category||Application Fee (in Rs.)|
|Non-Resident Indian Candidates||2500|
|(O)PH||They are exempted|
EXAM DATES :
EXAM PATTERN :
JIPMER MBBS 2017: Exam Pattern
- Mode of Exam: Computer Based Test (CBT).
- Number of Questions: Total 200 MCQ
- Language: English
- Marking Scheme: 1 mark will be awarded for every right answer
- Negative Marking: No Negative marking
The MBBS exam pattern is mentioned below:
|Subject||No. of Questions|
|English and Comprehension||10|
|Logical and Quantitative Reasoning||10|
All the questions for JIPMER MBBS Entrance Examination 2017 will be primarily based on the syllabus as agreed by the State Board Hr. Sec. and CBSE for XI & XII Standards. The test will be of multiple choice type questions. One also needs to keep in mind that JIPMER follows Pondicherry’s local syllabus too.
STUDY MATERIAL :
The best books for JIPMER 2018 :
First and foremost, NCERT Physics, Chemistry and Biology books for 11th and 12th standard are a must for JIPMER exam preparation. Apart from that, there are additional books that you must seriously consider while preparing for JIPMER Entrance Exam.
In order to crack JIPMER, albeit a tough competition due to the limited seats, you need to get hold of the best reference books for Physics, Chemistry and Biology. The best books for JIPMER are no different from the ones for NEET as both exams cover questions from NCERT books.
Best books for JIPMER Physics : (Click on respective links to view why you should read this book.)
- NCERT – Physics – Part 1 and Part 2
- Concepts of Physics, Volume I and II, by H.C. Verma, Volume 1 : Volume 2 :
- Fundamentals of Physics, by Halliday, Resnick and Walker – For CBSE and Entrance Examination (Publisher: Wiley India Pvt. Ltd.)
- Objective Physics by Prof. Satya Prakash Arya – MTG Publishers
- Objective Physics for NEET Vol. 1 by D.C. Pandey
- Objective Physics for NEET Vol. 2 by D.C. Pandey
- Objective NCERT at your Fingertips – Scoring in NEET Made Easy – Physics
Best books for JIPMER Chemistry : (Click on respective links to view why you should read this book.)
- NCERT Textbooks for Chemistry Class 11 & 12 (Set of 4 Books), Part – 1 for Class – 11 : Part – 2 for Class – 11 : Part – 1 for Class – 12 : Part – 2 for Class – 12 :
- Objective Chemistry (Set of 4 Vols) (S. Dinesh & Co.)
- Modern’s ABC of Chemistry for Class 11th and 12th (Volume I and II)
- Organic, Inorganic and Physical Chemistry for NEET by O.P Tandon, Physical Chemistry : Organic Chemistry : Inorganic Chemistry :
- Objective Chemistry for NEET Vol. 1 by R.K. Gupta
- Objective Chemistry for NEET Vol. 2 by R.K. Gupta
- Objective NCERT at your Fingertips – Scoring in NEET/JEE Made Easy – Chemistry
Best books for JIPMER Biology : (Click on respective links to view why you should read this book.)
- NCERT Textbooks for Biology Class 11 & 12, For Class 11 : For Class 12 :
- Moderns ABC of Biology for XI & XII – B. B. Arora, A. K. Sabharwal- Modern Publishers, Class 11 : Class 12 :
- Exploring Biology for NEET (Vol 1 & 2) – Sanjay Sharma & Sudhakar Banerjee – Arihant Publications, Volume 1 : Volume 2 :
- Objective Biology (Vol 1, 2 & 3) – K. N. Bhatia / K. Bhatia – Dinesh Publications
- Trueman’s Elementary Biology, Vol I & Vol II by K.N. Bhatia, M.P. Tyagi, Volume 1 : Volume 2 :
- Companion Biology by K. Bhatti (Dinesh Publication), Class 11 : Class 12 :
- Trueman’s Objective Biology for NEET – Vol. I & II – 2017 by M.P. Tyagi and J.P. Goyal
- Objective NCERT at your Fingertips – Scoring in NEET Made Easy – Biology
Best books for Solved Papers of previous years : (Click on respective links to view why you should read this book.)
- JIPMER Chapterwise Solutions 7 Years – Jan 2017 by MTG Editorial Board
- JIPMER Pondicherry Medical Entrance Exam: Previous Years’ Solved Papers Paperback – Jan 2016 by RPH Editorial Board
English and Comprehension :
English and comprehension: This is divided into three sections such as
Part 1: Reading passages and note making
Part 2: Writing skills
Part 3: Literature and long reading text.
English section also covers synonyms, antonyms, and some vocabulary.
Logical Reasoning and Quantitative Aptitude :
- Questions from Analogy test
- Logical deduction
- Figure formation and analysis
- Questions on figure matrix etc.
A good book can help you out immensely in terms of motivation, preparation and concentration. Follow the 4 Rs – Read, Remember, Recall and Revise.