MANIPAL UNIVERSITY UGET
ABOUT MANIPAL UNIVERSITY
The Manipal Institute of Technology (MIT), Manipal was established in 1957 as one of the first self-financing Engineering Colleges in the country. It became a constituent institute of the deemed university – Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE), which is known today as Manipal University. MIT offers a Bachelor’s and Master’s program in engineering streams. It also gives students the option to carry out full-time or part time research. The minimum duration for postgraduate qualified PhD students is three years for full time, and four years for part-time. There is a one year relaxation for applicants with an MPhil degree. The institute undertakes sponsored research programmes supported by funding agencies such as DST, CSIR, AICTE and the Ministry of Environmental Sciences. It has collaborative research programs in association with premier research laboratories and institutes in India and abroad.
UGET (Manipal University Online Entrance Test – MU-OET)
The Manipal University, Karnataka conducts the Manipal University Under Graduate Entrance Test (UGET) for admission to undergraduate engineering and medical courses in the institutes affiliated to the university. Manipal University formerly known as MAHE (Manipal Academy of Higher Education) conducts UGET Engineering for admission to various engineering programs in institutes affiliated with the university.
Entrance Test Type: Manipal University Online Entrance Test (MU-OET) 2018
The online entrance test is simple to get through. The applicant taking the online test is expected to have a basic familiarity with computers and is comfortable with the use of keyboard and mouse.
Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and General English include questions based on the 10+2 syllabus followed by major 10+2 Boards /Universities. The detailed syllabi can be downloaded from the website www.admissions.manipal.edu.
Group 2: (Applicable to BTech/ BPharm/ PharmD courses). Duration- 2.30 hours, Questions-200 (MCQ). The approximate distribution of questions is as follows:
Physics -50, Chemistry-50, Mathematics-70, English & General Aptitude-30.
General Category: Based on the marks obtained in MU-OET, Manipal University will declare a list of all candidates appeared for the entrance test on or before 23.05.2018 in the website. In case of two or more candidates obtaining equal marks, the inter-se merit of such candidates will be determined on the basis of higher marks in the order of preference as under:
- Mathematics in MU-OET 2018
- Physics in MU-OET 2018
- Chemistry in MU-OET2018
- PCM marks in 10+2
- In case marks secured in the above are equal, the candidate senior in age will be ranked higher
ADMISSION PROCEDURE :
APPLICATION FEES :
MU OET 2017 Application Fee: Rs 600
MU OET 2017 Exam Fee: Rs 1,400
Application Fee & Exam Fee for MU OET 2018 will be known in the first week of November 2017.
Candidates can pay the fee through Net Banking/Credit Card/Debit Card/Demand Draft (DD).
MU OET Important Dates 2018 :
The dates of MU OET 2018 for B.Tech Courses are listed below:
|Application form starts||2nd November 2017|
|Last date to submit the application form||11th April 2018|
|Exam slot booking (1st & 2nd Attempt)||24th March to 10th April 2018|
|Exam slot booking (3rd Attempt)||15th May to 16th May 2018|
|I & II Attempt||24th April 2018 to 15th May 2018|
|III Attempt||21st May 2018|
|Result Declaration||22nd May 2018|
|Counselling Starts||5th June 2018|
MU OET PATTERN 2018 :
Exam Pattern for B.Tech/B.Pharm/PharmD:
|Subjects||No. of Questions|
|English & General Aptitude||30|
The exam pattern of MU OET is vary for different courses offered by this university:
- Duration: The exam duration is two and half hours.
- Type: The question paper is comprise in multiple choice questions.
- Language: The exam is organized in English language.
- Mode of Exam: The test is conducted through CBT (Computer Based Test) mode.
- Marking Scheme: For UG courses, 1 mark is allotted for correct response.
- Negative Marking: For UG courses, there is no negative marking.
MU OET SYLLABUS 2018 :
Please note that the test papers in Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics and General English includes questions based on the 10+2 syllabus followed by major 10+2 Boards/Universities.
STUDY MATERIAL :
PHYSICS (Click on respective links to view why you should study this book)
- Physics NCERT Textbooks for Classes 11th and 12th, Part – 1 for Class – 11 : Part – 2 for Class – 11 : Part – 1 for Class – 12 : Part – 2 for Class – 12 :
- Concepts of Physics Volume 1 & Volume 2 by H.C. Verma,
Volume 1 : Volume 2 :
- Problems in General Physics by I.E. Irodov
CHEMISTRY (Click on respective links to view why you should study this book)
- NCERT Textbooks for Chemistry Class 11 & 12 (Set of 4 Books), Part – 1 for Class – 11 : Part – 2 for Class – 11 : Part – 1 for Class – 12 : Part – 2 for Class – 12 :
- Organic Chemistry by O.P. Tandon
- Inorganic Chemistry by O.P. Tandon
- Physical Chemistry by O.P. Tandon
MATHEMATICS (Click on respective links to view why you should study this book)
- NCERT Textbooks for Mathematics Class 11 & 12 (Set of 4 Books)
- Mathematics for Class 11 & Class 12 by RD Sharma, Class 11: Class 12 (Volume 1 & 2 ) :
BIOLOGY (Click on respective links to view why you should study this book)
- NCERT Textbooks for Biology Class 11 & 12 , For Class 11 : Class 12 :
- Moderns ABC of Biology for XI & XII – B. B. Arora, A. K. Sabharwal- Modern Publishers, Class 11 : Class 12 :
- Exploring Biology for NEET (Vol 1 & 2) – Sanjay Sharma & Sudhakar Banerjee – Arihant Publications Volume 1 : Volume 2 :
- Objective Biology (Vol 1, 2 & 3) – K. N. Bhatia / K. Bhatia – Dinesh Publications
SOLVED PAPERS (Click on respective links to view why you should study this book)
- Solved Papers and 5 Mock Tests for Manipal UGET (MAHE) Engineering 2017 Paperback – 2016 by Arihant Experts
- Objective Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics – Chapter-wise MCQ for JEE Main/BITSAT/VITEEE/KCET 2015 by Disha Experts
- Objective Biology – Chapter-wise MCQ for AIPMT/ AIIMS/ KCET 2nd Edition – 2015 by Disha Experts