NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY CUM ENTRANCE TEST (UG)
As per regulations framed under the Indian Medical Council Act-1956 as amended in 2016 and the Dentists Act-1948 as amended in 2016, NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY CUM ENTRANCE TEST (UG) – 2018 [NEET(UG)-2018] will be conducted by the Central Board
of Secondary Education (CBSE), for admission to MBBS/BDS Courses in India in Medical/Dental Colleges run with the approval of Medical Council of India/Dental Council of India under the Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India except for the institutions established through an Act of Parliament e.g. AIIMS and JIPMER Puducherry.
The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) is held every year to help students secure admission to the top medical institutions in India. This year, students competed for 63985 medical seats in private, central and state-funded institutions. Excluding AIIMS and JIPMER, NEET is widely considered to be one of the main medical entrance examinations for students in India. All major medical and dental colleges offer students admission on the basis of their scores in this exam only.
More than 11 lakh candidates gave NEET 2017 in 103 cities. This year, the examination was conducted in 10 different languages – English, Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Marathi, Bengali, Assamese, Gujarati, Oriya and Kannada.
APPLICATION FEES :
EXAM DATES :
EXAM PATTERN :
Exam Pattern for NEET 2018
|Subject||No. of Questions||Marks|
- All questions will be of multiple-choice type, with 4 options and only 1 correct choice.
- The NEET 2018 question paper will be conducted in eight vernacular languages apart from English and Hindi. These languages are Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Marathi, Tamil, Telugu, Oriya and Kannada.
- Each question in the NEET 2018 question paper will carry 4 marks. Correct answers will yield 4 marks while incorrect answers will result in a deduction of 1 mark. No marks will be given or deducted for unmarked questions.
STUDY MATERIAL :
The best books for NEET 2018
While NCERT books are the best to get all your basic concepts covered, the following are some of the best books for each subject in NEET. Move on to them after revising your NCERT books thoroughly. Try not to refer too many books at once as that can be confusing.
Best books for NEET Physics : (Click on respective links to view why you should study this book)
- NCERT – Physics – Part 1 and Part 2
- Concept of Physics by HC Verma, Volume 1: Volume 2:
- Objective Physics by Prof. Satya Prakash Arya – MTG Publishers
- Objective Physics for NEET Vol. 1 by D.C. Pandey
- Objective Physics for NEET Vol. 2 by D.C. Pandey
- Objective NCERT at your Fingertips – Scoring in NEET Made Easy – Physics
Best books for NEET Chemistry : (Click on respective links to view why you should study this book)
- NCERT Textbooks for Chemistry Class 11 & 12 (Set of 4 Books), Part – 1 for Class – 11 : Part – 2 for Class – 11 : Part – 1 for Class – 12 : Part – 2 for Class – 12 :
- Objective Chemistry (Set of 4 Vols) (S. Dinesh & Co.)
- Modern’s ABC of Chemistry (Part 1 & 2)
- Organic, Inorganic and Physical Chemistry for NEET by O.P Tandon, Physical Chemistry : Organic Chemistry :
- Objective Chemistry for NEET Vol. 1 by R.K. Gupta
- Objective Chemistry for NEET Vol. 2 by R.K. Gupta
- Objective NCERT at your Fingertips – Scoring in NEET/JEE Made Easy – Chemistry
Best books for NEET Biology : (Click on respective links to view why you should study this book)
- NCERT Textbooks for Biology Class 11 & 12, Class 11 : Class 12 :
- Moderns ABC of Biology for XI & XII – B. B. Arora, A. K. Sabharwal- Modern Publishers, Class 11 : Class 12 :
- Exploring Biology for NEET (Vol 1 & 2) – Sanjay Sharma & Sudhakar Banerjee – Arihant Publications, Volume 1 : Volume 2 :
- Objective Biology (Vol 1, 2 & 3) – K. N. Bhatia / K. Bhatia – Dinesh Publications
- Trueman’s Elementary Biology, Vol I & Vol II by K.N. Bhatia, M.P. Tyagi, Volume 1 : Volume 2 :
- Companion Biology by K. Bhatti (Dinesh Publication), Class 11 : Class12 :
- Trueman’s Objective Biology for NEET – Vol. I & II – 2017 by M.P. Tyagi and J.P. Goyal
- Objective NCERT at your Fingertips – Scoring in NEET Made Easy – Biology
Best books for Solved Papers of previous years : (Click on respective links to view why you should study this book)
- Complete NEET Guide Physics – 2018 by MTG Editorial Board
- Complete NEET Guide Chemistry – 2018 by MTG Editorial Board
- Complete NEET Guide Biology – 2018 by MTG Editorial Board
- NEET Explorer (2003-2017) – 2018 by MTG Editorial Board
A good book can help you out immensely in terms of motivation, preparation and concentration. Follow the 4 Rs – Read, Remember, Recall and Revise.
- NEET 2018-Chapter Wise Test Practice by Oztern Technology Pvt. Ltd
- LSOFT NEET 2018 PCB Online Test practice with detail Analysis Report. In-depth Unlimited Test Practice. Anywhere Anytime on PC, Tab, Laptop or Mobile (7 Digit & 16 Digit serial Key shared) by Lsoft Technologies
- NEET – Major Online Test Series -2017 by Career Point Kota