The Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT) is a private university, established under Section 3 of the UGC Act. It conducts the VIT Engineering Entrance Exam (VITEEE) for granting admissions to students for various undergraduate engineering programmes. Over 2 lakh candidates register every year to take this test and compete for 5000 B. Tech. seats in this institute.
VIT was founded in 1984, as Vellore Engineering College, by Mr. G. Viswanathan. The University operates from two campuses – the main campus in Vellore and the second campus in Chennai. Two new campuses have been set up in Amaravati, Andhra Pradesh and Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh which will start operating from July 2017. The institution offers 20 undergraduate, 34 postgraduate, 4 integrated and 4 research programs.
VIT University will conduct VITEEE 2018 online tentatively in April 2018. The entrance exam will be held for admissions to any of the 20 B. Tech programmes, offered at the VIT campuses located in Vellore, Chennai, Amaravati and Bhopal. The VITEEE 2018 application forms will be available tentatively from the second week of November 2017. The application forms of VITEEE can be obtained both offline and online. Since VITEEE is online, candidates have to book their test slots before they can download their admit card. Slot booking will be opened in March 2018. VITEEE 2018 will be held across multiple sessions across 119 exam cities including India and abroad. The result of VITEEE 2018 will be announced tentatively in the last week of April 2018. Candidates who qualify in the exam will be called for the offline counselling that will likely be held in two rounds in May 2018. Candidates will have to indicate their preferences of courses and campuses during counselling if they qualify for the same. Candidates will be required to attend the VITEEE 2018 counselling in person. Candidates can avail the complete details of VITEEE below.
ADMISSION PROCEDURE :
APPLICATION FEES :
Pay the application fee of Rs. 990/- (for OMR application form) and Rs. 970/- (for online application form) by cash and buy application form and printed self addressed envelope. The payment of online application form can be done via credit card/debit card/net banking or through DD.
Note: The candidates who do the payment through DD are required to send the hard copy of the application form to the University.
VITEEE Important Dates 2018 :
|1.||Release of the VITEEE Information Brochure||Second week of November 2017|
|2.||Issue of VITEEE Application form 2018||Second week of November 2017|
|3.||End date of filling of the VITEEE 2018 Application Form||Third week of March 2018|
|4.||End date for editing the VITEEE online application form||Third week of March 2018|
|5.||Slot booking for VITEEE 2018||Third week to last week of March 2018|
|6.||Downloading of the VITEEE 2018 Admit card||Third week to last week of March 2018|
|5.||Test Dates||First week to Third week of April 2018|
|6.||VITEEE Result 2018||Last week of April 2018|
|7.||VITEEE Counselling 2018 – Round 1||Second week of May 2018|
|8.||VITEEE Counselling 2018- Round 2||Third week of May 2018|
VITEEE EXAM PATTERN 2018 :
The exam pattern of VITEEE 2018 will allow candidates to know the type of question to expect, duration of the exam, marking scheme and more. Preparation for the exam can be built and honed with this knowledge.
- Questions will be asked from Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics from the prescribed syllabus
- Candidates will also be tested in their grasp of English.
- The exam will be held for a duration of 2.30 hours
- Total number of questions asked will be 125
- There is no negative marking for the entrance test.
Number of Questions & Marking scheme of VITEEE 2018
|S. No||Sections||Total Number of questions||Marks per questions||Total Marks|
VITEEE SYLLABUS 2018 :
Candidates can prepare well for each of the sections like Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English by going through the syllabus of VITEEE 2018 which will give details of the topics and sub-topics to be covered. Questions asked in the exam will be from the prescribed VITEEE syllabus which has been announced by the University. Candidates are advised to check the detailed syllabus before starting their preparation. The syllabus is segregated subject wise and topic wise. The VITEEE 2018 Syllabus primarily covers the 10+2 syllabus for Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Candidates are advised to match this up with their class XII syllabus so that they can combine and prepare themselves for both.
Click here for VITEE Syllabus
STUDY MATERIAL :
PHYSICS (Click on respective links to view why you should study this book)
- Physics NCERT Textbooks for Classes 11th and 12th, Part – 1 for Class – 11 : Part – 2 for Class – 11 : Part – 1 for Class – 12 : Part – 2 for Class – 12 :
- Concepts of Physics Volume 1 & Volume 2 by H.C. Verma, Volume 1 : Volume 2 :
- Problems in General Physics by I.E. Irodov
CHEMISTRY (Click on respective links to view why you should study this book)
- NCERT Textbooks for Chemistry Class 11 & 12 (Set of 4 Books), Part – 1 for Class – 11 : Part – 2 for Class – 11 : Part – 1 for Class – 12 : Part – 2 for Class – 12 :
- Organic Chemistry by O.P. Tandon,
- Inorganic Chemistry by O.P. Tandon
- Physical Chemistry by O.P. Tandon
MATHEMATICS (Click on respective links to view why you should study this book)
- NCERT Textbooks for Mathematics Class 11 & 12 (Set of 4 Books)
- Mathematics for Class 11 & Class 12 by RD Sharma, For Class 11 : For class 12 (vol. 1 & 2) :
BIOLOGY (Click on respective links to view why you should study this book)
- NCERT Textbooks for Biology Class 11 & 12, Class 11 : Class 12 :
- Moderns ABC of Biology for XI & XII – B. B. Arora, A. K. Sabharwal- Modern Publishers, Class 11 : Class 12 :
- Exploring Biology for NEET (Vol 1 & 2) – Sanjay Sharma & Sudhakar Banerjee – Arihant Publications, Volume 1 : Volume 2 :
- Objective Biology (Vol 1, 2 & 3) – K. N. Bhatia / K. Bhatia – Dinesh Publications
SOLVED PAPERS (Click on respective links to view why you should study this book)
- 10 Mock Tests & Solved Papers for VIT Engineering 2017 (2007 – 2016) – 2016 by Arihant Experts
- Comprehensive Guide to VITEEE Online Test with 3 Online Tests – Nov 2016 by Disha Experts
- VITEEE Chapterwise Solutions – 2015 by MTG Editorial Board
- Objective Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics – Chapter-wise MCQ for JEE Main/BITSAT/VITEEE/KCET 2015 by Disha Experts
- Objective Biology – Chapter-wise MCQ for AIPMT/ AIIMS/ KCET 2nd Edition – 2015 by Disha Experts